Posted: September 6th, 2023
Cultural Interview Assignment
Cultural Interview Assignment
Interview someone from a different culture. You will create a PowerPoint presentation of your findings.
1. For this assignment, you will Interview a client whose culture is different from yours. The client can be a patient, neighbor, grandparent, in-law, or friend. Do not use your parent, brother, sister, spouse, or significant other. This interview is the basis of your paper. Use the Organizing Framework (12 boxes in Chapter 2) to guide your interview.
2. Interview your selected person on three or four domains of the model. Complete a literature review of the cultural group from which your interviewee comes. Compare and contrast data obtained from your interview with what you find in the literature. Provide at least two recommendations for clinical practice, two recommendations for research, and two recommendations for the health-care organization on this cultural group; be specific in your recommendations. Value of this exercise to your current or future practice.
• Presentation is original work and logically organized in current APA style. Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
• Power point presentation with 8 -10 slides, excluding the tile slide and the reference slide.
• The presentation is clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
• Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.
To start, you will need to find an individual from a different culture to interview. This person can be someone you know, such as a friend, neighbor, or colleague, or you can contact organizations or community groups to find someone who would be willing to participate in the interview. Once you have identified someone, you will need to obtain their consent and set up a time and place for the interview.
For the interview, you should use the Organizing Framework, which is a model that outlines 12 domains that are relevant to understanding cultural differences. You can use this framework to guide your questions and gather information about your interviewee’s culture, beliefs, values, and practices. Be sure to take detailed notes during the interview.
After the interview, you will need to conduct a literature review of the cultural group from which your interviewee comes. This will involve researching scholarly journal articles and primary legal sources to gather information about the cultural group’s beliefs, practices, and healthcare experiences. You can then compare and contrast the information you gathered from the interview with what you found in the literature review.
Based on your findings, you will need to provide at least two recommendations for clinical practice, two recommendations for research, and two recommendations for the healthcare organization on this cultural group. Your recommendations should be specific and based on the information you gathered during the interview and literature review.
Finally, you will need to create a PowerPoint presentation to present your findings. Your presentation should be clear, concise, and logically organized in current APA style. You should incorporate a minimum of four current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources within your work. The presentation should have 8-10 slides, excluding the title slide and the reference slide. Additionally, your speaker notes should expand upon and clarify the content on the slides.